I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, February 12, 2010


Teri’s having a birthday!!!

Every time I look at this picture I feel good – it makes me happy because Teri looks so happy as she starts off to school - dressed warmly at my insistence, of course - and carrying her Barbie lunch box. Who wouldn’t be happy? It makes me realize how much things change as time goes by. Now Teri doesn’t carry a lunch box on her way to work – not even a paper bag because I don’t think she eats lunch. She doesn’t wear a kerchief or sensible shoes, and the friendly bus driver isn’t waiting for her to board. Instead, she travels underground to the dirty, scary subway to get to work in Manhattan. What a life! I wonder if she looks as happy boarding the subway as she did her school bus. But childhood doesn’t last forever. Then we all had parents worrying about us and making sure we were warm, fed and healthy. No wonder we were always smiling! I’ve had her picture out for a while, and I keep looking at it. It makes me feel good.

Teri’s coming to visit me next week, and I can hardly wait. She’s also going to visit Cindy for a couple of days after she leaves here. That will be a wonderful time for both of them. Teri has duties as the Godfather of I ETA PI sorority, and since she missed the grand opening of Cindy’s Brownie Morrison shop, she’ll make her appearance there on the 19th and 20th of February. Stop in and meet the Godfather!

So, happy birthday, Babe. Maybe your office will throw you a big party! Or maybe not. But remember, your mom loves you lots and lots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home