I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, January 03, 2010

“Human Target” – new Fox series - also repeat episode of “Glee”

I just watched the premiere episode of “Human Target” which airs Sunday, January 17, at 8pm. I think it’s my kind of show! Mark Valley plays a security expert with Chi McBride who brings him jobs but worries about him all the time, and Jackie Earle Haley who is sort of the cleaner but with not always ethical actions. They are like a family, but not a very functional family. “Human Target” has been around a long time – first in a 1953 issue of “Detective Comics” – and off and on in television and comic books. I think this will be a hit as the cast is so good. Mark Valley is cute and funny and willing to do anything to protect someone. Now that’s my kind of man! His sense of humor is what really attracts me, and all the action – and there’s plenty of that – helps to keep the pace up. I’ve watched Mark in “Boston Legal” and “Fringe” where the bad guys killed him . . . or did they? You never know with “Fringe.” A quote from Michael Logan in TV Guide says, “He’s just your average wiseass adrenaline junkie with Mensa-level smarts and a big, fat death wish.” As time goes on, more will come to light as to what makes Valley the way he is and just where the two others fit in. It should be a good show and I’m hoping everyone watches it.

Last week I watched the repeat episode of “Glee” – “The Throwdown.” Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) was especially mean in this one – she’s a devious bitch who’s trying to get Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) out of his job as director of the glee club at the high school where she is head of Cheerios, the rally squad. That was nothing new for Sue as she’s been trying all year to make him lose his job. She can’t stand that his glee club is so good and people are noticing. She wants to be top dog. But this week the script was so clever and she had so many great lines that she simply stole the show which she can do quite easily. I love this show as do a lot of other people, and I hope it continues with the same quality of writing it has up to now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home