I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010


TV time

Here’s Teri and Cindy preparing to watch some television program . . . possibly Golden Globes? I watched them the other night and thought they moved along quite smoothly, but they weren’t exciting. Maybe they were holding it down out of respect for the Haitian disaster. Ricky Gervais did a good job as master of ceremonies, but I always feel like he’s too full of himself. He doesn’t come across that well with me. I was glad Jeff Bridges won for best actor – he’s been great for many years, and it’s about time for him to be recognized for it. James Cameron is another one who seems to be pleased with himself as well he should be, I guess. But I’d like to see him a little more humble. Silly me!

I like the red carpet as I always want to see who looks good and just how good! Mariah Carey was there and had many photo shots. She was in black with her gigantic boobs hanging practically out of the dress. Does that woman ever wear anything where her boobs are covered? Silly me again! I liked Sandra Bullock’s dress – it was purple and gorgeous. At times it looked transparent in places – very interesting!

I liked Julianna Margulies winning best actress in a television drama. I’ve always thought she’s a very good actress but wish she’d divorce her scumbag husband and take him for everything he has. And why doesn’t she straighten out her son who is out of control? It’s only TV so I shouldn’t take it too seriously. I was delighted that “Glee” won for best comedy series. It was fun to see them all together with Ryan Murphy, the writer of “Glee” and “Nip/Tuck.” Ryan made a snarky remark and I loved that as that’s the way he writes both of his shows. He’s talented. I was surprised that Chloe Sevigny won for best supporting actress in “Big Love.” I’ve seen bits and pieces of that show and think it’s a big loser. Why would anyone makes a series about a guy with 3 wives, or are there more now? Are there enough people interested in that sort of thing? Apparently so. I was so happy that Kevin Bacon won for best actor in a miniseries or motion picture – “Taking Chance.” He’s another one who’s been around quite a while and was very deserving.

Cindy called me this morning and was screaming about seeing the Activia commercial on the “Today” show many times this morning. I was watching the same thing and we both wondered why it’s shown over and over again. Whenever Cindy sees it, she thinks, “I’ve got to have my hair done.” That’s because Jamie Lee Curtis has gray hair in the ad. Makes sense to me. I asked Cindy if she knew what Activia was for, and she wasn’t sure. Neither am I, but we’re both getting sick of it. Possibly we’re watching too much TV? I don’t think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home