I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, January 06, 2010


Déjà vu all over again

In an earlier posting, I mentioned a New Year’s Eve in Manhattan where I fainted and fell off the toilet several times. I certainly wasn’t planning on doing anything like that this year, but I caught a cold over Christmas and had a fever with it. A fever isn’t good news for me as that’s when I may faint. So by New Year’s Eve, I was feeling pretty crappy and feverish and decided to go to the bathroom. That was a big mistake! As I was getting up, I think I passed out for a couple seconds and fell back down on the toilet, hitting my tailbone on the edge and my back on the edge of the door. I sat there like I did on the plane from New York 10 years ago with my head between my knees. When I finally realized Mark, my son-in-law, wasn’t coming to my rescue like he did before, I decided I was on my own. I sort of rolled off the toilet and onto the carpeting in my bedroom. I lay there a while and then crawled to my bed.

Now, a week later, my butt is really sore as is my back. I think I’m getting better as I don’t groan as much when I get up and down. Mark is in the picture above, mixing up cocktails for that New Year’s Eve 10 years ago. I think about that time I was falling off the toilet for about the second time and Mark was getting ready to come to my rescue. But Mark wasn’t here this year which was too bad for me.

So I wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope no one fell off a toilet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home