I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, May 01, 2011

“Watch President Obama and Seth Meyers hand Donald Trump his ass.”

That was a quote I took from someone on Google – I don’t remember who said it, but I felt the same way. I watched the Washington Correspondents’ Dinner last night for 5 hours and enjoyed every minute of it. Barack Obama spoke first and really let Trump have it. He made many digs, and what a good place to do it - not at a press conference, not in congress and not on a political trip, just on an occasion that was a fun time and he was able to speak his mind because he was the speaker. Seth Meyers came next and he was also hilarious! I love him on SNL and he knew his stuff. He also did the Donald and I loved it when the camera would cut away to show Donald looking very pissed with his lips poofing out as he does. So unattractive, Donald. Almost as ugly as your hair. Michelle Obama looked gorgeous as usual. She was sitting on the dais next to Seth and seemed to get along very well with him. I think Barack and Seth should take their show on the road!

I enjoyed the red carpet before the dinner. The cameras caught people arriving and I recognized quite a few. There were a few actors and many politicians. They would walk in the door, and if the girl were especially pretty, she would separate from her date and do the model, shoulder pose. One girl held her smile for nearly 30 seconds without moving!
I wonder if someone ever thought of hiring a lip reader with a lap top to take down everything the politicians said to one another. Some looked very serious. Newt Gingrich talked for about 20 minutes in one place facing the camera. Newt’s wife was with him with her helmet blond hair. It looked so stiff it could have been cement! I saw them walking out after the dinner was over, and her hair was exactly the same – not one piece out of place. I’ll bet it really was cement! I would love to know just what all was said during that time before the dinner. I’ll bet other politicians would also like to know. David Arquette was there and spent a lot of time in front of the camera, talking and talking. I didn’t see Courtney.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 hours I spent watching. I think it was the thought of seeing so many people I see on the news all the time. I admire all those correspondents who do so much work – many who risk their lives and some who die doing it. This night honors them but also lets them cut loose and have some fun. At least the president can and it’s probably the only time he can do it in public. It was a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home