I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, April 17, 2011


Teri and Cindy in Mama’s television class

I didn’t actually have a class for them when they were little. They just learned by observing me as I watched a lot of TV. I had good control of the class and didn’t let them stay up past 8pm as that is when the “big people” shows came on. They watched “Mr. Ed,” “Lassie,” “My Three Sons” and that type of show which I also watched. Then it was off to bed for the little ones. But now I’m showing how I’d conduct a class for them these days.

Teri is excited and happy which you can tell by her big smile in the picture. Cindy is sort of “I can take it or leave it” and goes along with the whole thing. We need to start with some news, so I pick Shepard Smith whom I like when he doesn’t go too conservative and far right for me. That’s not being fair and balanced, is it? So I turn him off when he does that, and then go back for the second half where he gives news about car crashes, murders, floods and can be humorous at times. I like that.

After that we watch “Entertainment Tonight” so they can be up on all the entertainment news. I don’t watch Reality shows – I like a program with a story, so we’ll probably watch “Law & Order,” “Raising Hope” which is a very funny show, “Glee” which is great but a little risqué for kids their age, but I like it so we watch it. I am the boss. Also, we watch “The Good Wife,” which I especially like. I think it will give my daughters something to think about when they reach that age. Teri still looks happy so guess she likes it too. Of course we watch many others and Teri seems to like them all. Cindy just sits there and it’s hard to tell which ones she likes best. She may need more lessons as she gets older. She had to go poop during “Law & Order” but after I cleaned her up she was her same old self . . . contented but not too engaged with what was going on.

They don’t watch the late night shows. I don’t even do that. I do DVR David Letterman sometimes and Craig Ferguson who is a crazy guy and very smart. I never watch Jay Leno – I still haven’t gotten over what happened a while back with him and Conan. I DVR “Saturday Night Live” but that’s for me. I think I could be a good teacher for little kids because my girls love television. Cindy now watches a lot of TV and is much more animated than she was in the old picture. And now she can pause the program when she has to go poop and not miss a thing. So many improvements since I started my first class with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home