I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011


Earthquake, Tsunami, War or a Drunk Driver?

Do you ever wonder how you will leave this world? I do. I try not to dwell on it. I’ve stopped watching the news as much as I used to as there is nothing uplifting from the reporters. The mess in Japan is horrific and it makes me cry to see all the devastation and the proud people searching through what’s left for loved ones or just anyone. You wonder if they can come back from such ruin, but I’m sure they will in time with help from all of us.

I wonder about where I live which is right smack on a subduction zone that goes up the entire west coast. When is it our turn? I’m not ready for anything to happen and probably won’t be when it does happen.

And what about all the bad things happening in the Middle East. Everyone is revolting (that word can be used both ways) and nothing good is coming from it. All that seemed to start when we set our feet in Iraq which was a horrible mistake. No one knows how all this mess is going to end. I wish someone would shoot Gaddafi which would take care of some of the problems, but we don’t seem to operate that way.

Things aren’t good in this country either. We have so many homeless and hungry people, and the numbers just seem to be growing. We can’t seem to generate many new jobs which we desperately need. The few jobs that are added are fast food or seasonal-type jobs which never pay benefits. They pay a little but not the important part which is health benefits.

I’m wondering if the Mayans really knew what they were talking about in that the world would end December 21, 2012. I’m beginning to wonder if we can hold out until then!

I wonder about all the children who have no idea what is going on in this country, let alone all over the world. They are the lucky ones who don’t have to worry about finding a place to live and something to eat. They’ll just keep on being happy and having birthday parties. They should as every child should. It’s a disgrace everything is in such a mess. Hopefully, we’ll find our way and things will get better, and the happy kids will just go on being happy and unaware of what went on. And, hopefully, the kids with no food or homes will finally have both. But I’m probably just dreaming as I’m prone to do in these times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home