I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Saturday, April 02, 2011


Cindy’s having a birthday today!

My little baby is growing up. She should be having two sons in their twenties! When I look back at her baby pictures, I remember all the times I rocked her and sang the songs to her that I sang to Teri when she was little. I loved those songs - “You are my Sunshine,” and “Bye Bye Blackbird.” There were others, but I don’t need to go into all of them. Cindy was a squirelly little kid and so happy and funny all the time. She loved playing dress up and used all of my old clothes, even from when I was in high school. She enlisted the neighbor kids to play with her – especially Randy, whom we called the doctor.

She weathered several operations and things were never easy for her, but her spirit kept her going. Last summer she opened “Brownie Morrison” – a fun store with refrigerator magnets, cards, mannequins, etc. in Tacoma. But she closed it in December and has now moved to a new location in Tacoma which will be better for her. Her store is absolutely crazy as the other one was. This one is in a mall with foot traffic all around which she didn’t have at her other shop. She carries refrigerator magnets, cards and many other types of novelties. My fridge is covered with her magnets.

When we talk on the phone, I always end up laughing at something she’s said. She can lift my spirits no matter what, even if she isn’t trying. I don’t know what I would do without her or her sister, Teri. Just looking at the above picture makes me wish I could go back and just squeeze her. Why do I get sad when I look at pictures of my kids when they were little? It’s probably because when they are young they are always with you. When they grow up, they aren’t. And I really miss them. I talked to Cindy this morning and she was deciding on whether or not to take a shower. Pat, her eldest son, was off work for the day and was watching the “Law&Order” marathon on television. I said he’s a real chip off the old block – me. So we were laughing about that, and I was thinking . . . all’s right with the world.

I love you, Cindy, forever and ever.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home