I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, October 15, 2009

NBC is not playing nice

I hear “Glee” has been dropped from the Macy’s Day Thanksgiving parade by NBC. I didn’t know NBC owned Macy’s; I don’t think they do. Maybe they own the parade. Whatever, they decided they didn’t want a great new show from a competing station – Fox – getting publicity at their expense. The cast of “Glee” was already getting choreography, music and everything worked out when the news came down that they were out. Other shows have been on the parade floats from other stations, but maybe not a show as up-and-coming as “Glee.” I watched “Glee” once and was hooked. The writing is so good and clever, and the singing and dancing is terrific. I think this really puts NBC in a bad light . . . at least it does for me.

I have been pissed at NBC ever since they put Jay Leno on at 10pm. Jay has always been a late night type of guy and should have stayed that way. I have never and will never watch him at 10pm. By doing that, NBC screwed up all the other NBC shows that were on at that time before Jay. Now they have to be squeezed in earlier in competition with other channels. The whole thing is a mess now. I am forced to watch Law & Order at 8pm! 8pm?? That isn’t a show to be watched at 8pm. It’s almost sacrilegious.

I watched the season opener of the FX show “Nip/Tuck” last night. It was just as crazy and raunchy as ever. Maybe that’s why I like it. It was created by Ryan Murphy who also created “Glee.” How about that? Some of the actors have appeared on both shows which I find amusing since the shows are in no way similar. But they clean it up a bit on “Glee.”

Jay Leno’s ratings are not good and are going down. Do you suppose if NBC put him on the float “Glee” was going to have in the parade it would improve his ratings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home