I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, September 09, 2009


My mom has visitors

Here’s my mom with two of her great grandsons, Pat and Nick. Pat is now 25 and Nick is 22, so you can see they must have probably grown since this picture was taken. My mom was living in a retirement home after my dad died, and Cindy, the boy’s mother, brought them over to see their great grandma. Cindy is my younger daughter and Teri is the oldest with a 13 year old boy. It was always a special occasion if any of the grandsons visited, and my mom loved it. I think she had some cookies in a baggie for the boys. She was dressed in her favorite red outfit for us.

I took the picture from behind as I like pictures like that. There is a vulnerability about characters in pictures that is captured only from the back view. Maybe that’s just my point of view – I’m not a photographer. I just take random photos with not much thought involved, just hoping they turn out well. But this one tugs at my heart when I look at it. I don’t know why – maybe it’s because the boys are so small and they seem so engrossed with what my mom is doing. They are so little; they look like they need someone to protect them. Fortunately, they were protected and are now big strong men.

I have that picture framed and on my wall. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home