I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, September 21, 2009

Emmy Show – 9/20/09

I watched the show last night and was surprised and pleased. I thought Neil Patrick Harris did a great job as MC and managed to hold it all together; he even moved it along enough so that it didn’t go over the time slot more than a few minutes! That must be a first for any award ceremony. I liked his song that started off the ceremony – very well done and clever. I don’t think he pissed anyone off with crude remarks which has been done in past ceremonies. I still would rather not see 500 hundred people pile onto the stage for one award and then thank everyone they have ever known. This all takes time away from just handing out awards. I guess they all want to share in it and be a part of it, but I don’t like to sit through it.

I like that “Mad Men” won for best drama; I would like it if “Breaking Bad” had won. Too bad they can’t give out two awards. I like “30 Rock” winning best comedy series; that one is really hard to beat. It’s absolutely hysterical sometimes. I think Alec Baldwin is so good in “30 Rock” and deserved winning for best actor in a comedy again which he did. Best actress in a comedy went to Toni Collette for “United States of Tara,” which I’m sure is very good, but I don’t get Showtime so I would rather have had Tina Fey win that award. But the biggest disappointment to me was the award for supporting actor in a drama series. It went to Michael Emerson of “Lost.” What is “Lost” anyway? I’ve seen bits and pieces of it but never watched an entire episode as I think it’s so far out there I would be left too disturbed to function normally as I usually do . . . I guess. Who are those weird people and what the hell are they doing? I’m sure Michael is a very good actor, but I think Aaron Paul from “Breaking Bad” should have won that Emmy. He was fantastic in his role as far as I’m concerned. He really impresses me and deserves recognition for his work. Bryan Cranston of “Breaking Bad” won for best actor in a drama which really made me happy. He’s great in the part he plays. He and Aaron do some very good acting in the show, and there are many exciting and unexpected situations that come up – some brutal and very surprising. I love it!

So I was generally happy with the whole show. I think Neil should become a permanent fixture there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home