I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, September 18, 2009

“Lie To Me”

I watched the premiere episode of the Fox show “Lie To Me” this morning. This will be its second year, and it looks even better than last year. I wrote all about it on my January 23 blog this year, and those things still hold true. Tim Roth plays Dr. Cal Lightman who runs the Lightman Group that now works with the FBI. Dr. Lightman is the world’s leading deception expert by observing someone’s eye movements, body movements, facial expressions, eyebrow twitches, etc. He can tell if someone is lying, angry, or even telling the truth. Kelli Williams plays Dr. Gillian Foster, a psychiatrist, who sort of manages to keep things on an even keel, if that’s at all possible. The show is based on and inspired by the real scientific work of Dr. Paul Ekman.

This year some things have changed in the lives of the characters. I think it’s going to be very interesting. Dr. Foster divorced her jerk of a husband and now wants to have fun and wear a red dress! I’m all for it. The show moves very quickly and manages to solve more than one problem during the one show. All the characters are good and Dr. Lightman doesn’t coddle anyone, but they still seem to like him and work hard for him. He’s also pretty cute.

So I highly recommend this show, just as I did last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home