I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, September 27, 2009

“FlashForward” – new ABC series

I watched the premiere episode of this show and was very impressed. It began by showing people doing their daily jobs and chores, and then the screen went blank. When it came back, things were chaotic. Cars were crashing, patients were dying in hospitals because doctors had blacked out during operations, planes were crashing and everyone was running around not knowing what was happening. An FBI guy had been in a car chase, and he managed to find his way back to his office where everyone was in a state of shock. What they eventually learned was that globally everyone blacked out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds! No one knew why; all they knew was that it caused world-wide mass destruction. They eventually decided to start a website where everyone could log on and tell what they experienced during the blackout. As it turns out, everyone had glimpses into their own futures which happened six months ahead – April 29, 2010. And what these people saw wasn’t good. It left them depressed and wondering if there was anything they could do to change their own futures. This show held my attention all the way – I found it to be different from what I’ve seen so far, and I know I’ll keep watching this one. It’s really exciting!

It also got me to thinking about my own dreams. I don’t think I have “future” dreams. My dreams are always full of strife, anxiety and things not so fun. The one I have the most is that I lose my purse, and I spend the entire dream running around haphazardly searching for it. Sometimes I even know I’m dreaming, but I keep looking for that damn purse. I never find it. Another favorite is I’m going to my piano lesson – I majored in music in college – and as I walk across campus, clutching my music, I realize I haven’t practiced in months! I’m horrified and don’t know what to do. I never quite get to my lesson and piano teacher before I wake up, thank God! Another dream is of me at a party or some gathering where I really want to look nice, but I’m wearing something ghastly and ugly and can’t find anything else to wear. I desperately search but never find anything to wear. By ghastly and ugly, I mean rags hanging off my body! What the hell is the matter with me? I keep hoping I’ll have some good, sexy dreams, but for the most part, I spend my dreams looking for my purse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home