I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Saturday, October 10, 2009


Cindy comes to visit . . . and so does April

Cindy spent a couple of nights with me last week. It was so good to see her as I don’t see my daughters very often. Of course, April, her bull mastiff, came with her. One thing I insisted upon was that April wouldn’t sleep on the bed with Cindy. I sleep on the couch so Cindy had my bed. I didn’t want April getting hair all over the comforter.Well, the first night I went in to turn off the TV when Cindy was asleep, and there was April on the bed, wide awake and watching TV. I took a picture and all you could see of Cindy was the top of her head – she was sound asleep. I took a picture the next night before Cindy fell asleep. That’s the one above. I think they had the TV going all night. I didn’t check.

April is almost glued to Cindy. Wherever Cindy goes, April is right behind her. April is big like a lion with a long tail that bangs into everything. She’s like a bull in a china shop! I’ve never been around a dog like April. She is wary of everything and was hearing all the sounds around here. There’s a lot of pounding going on across the street where they are doing something to those condos – I guess putting on new siding, but they just keep pounding and sawing. April didn’t like it, and neither do I! She’s shy around other people and backs up and doesn’t confront anyone. She finally became used to me, but wouldn’t come out of a room where she’d followed me until I went first and hid around the corner where she couldn’t see me!

Cindy was gone for several hours one afternoon visiting an old friend and I babysat April. She whined much of the time and lay down on the floor beside me when I was lying on the couch. I had a towel on the couch so that when April would look up at me and I’d pet her, she wouldn’t get drool on the couch. We had a towel we’d use to try and catch the drool before it hit the floor. I found out there’s a lot to do with a dog like that. I’m glad she’s Cindy’s. I even sang songs to her when Cindy was gone – special songs I sang to the girls when they were babies. It didn’t help – she still missed Cindy. When Cindy came home, April jumped around and practically demolished the living room. Her tail hit my fan and it went crashing into the wall. She just went crazy!

Cindy told me that April runs out of the room when someone is clipping their toenails! She doesn’t like the clicking sound. I floss my teeth three times a day, and sometimes I do it in the living room while I sit on the couch and watch TV. Normal people do it in the confines of their bathrooms, but I live alone and am maybe not normal. Anyway, I was flossing on the couch when April jumped up and walked over to me and just stared at me. She could hear the clicking as I flossed. So from then on I tried to do it in the bathroom. I’m not all that crazy about being just like normal people.

I really enjoyed their visit and I hope they did too. Cindy said she did . . . I don’t know about April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home