I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


Puzzled at Wal Mart

Here’s Teri all bundled up in January many years ago – I even fastened her hood on tight. Poor kid. I always tried to keep her warm, but I just made her hot and sweaty. She outgrew that. Now that she’s living in New York, she’s out of my clutches. But looking at the picture made me think of my day yesterday on a trip to Wal Mart for cheap prescriptions. As I walked in the door, I saw this woman walking toward me and getting into a motorized shopping cart they have for people who need one. She was like nothing I’ve ever seen before. She was not a typical Wal Mart shopper. She was very thin and had on a long, flimsy blue dress from the 20s and 30s with jewelry all over, and her hair was sort of wild. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she’d said “All right, Mr. Demille. I’m ready for my close up.” I wish I had had my camera with me and I could have asked if I could take a picture for my Blog. But if I had, I probably would have had to have her sign a release . . . she’d want my name . . . I’d get her name . . . I’d do my Blog . . . someone who knew her would see my Blog and call her. She would then sue me even with the release. I’d lose everything as I have no money to fight. I wonder if her friends even read my Blog.

Now this is where Teri’s picture comes in. She’s looking puzzled – maybe even a little disappointed. That’s exactly the way I felt when I went to open my car door after I left Wal Mart. Now I’m not very observant which is a big understatement, but I noticed the cover on the outside of the car that covers the gas cap was fastened shut with duct tape! I had had my car at the mechanic’s a week ago and had driven it since several times, but I never noticed the tape, but this day the sun was hitting it just right. So I drove to my favorite gas station and asked the attendant what he made of it. He was surprised to see something like that, and I was pissed. Why hadn’t I been told of it? So he peeled off some of the tape, filled it with gas and taped it back up! I called Ken Bartz, the manager of Tom Dwyer Automotive Services this morning where I always take my Volvo, and he was very apologetic. He hadn’t been told by the guy who fixed it so knew nothing about it. He called me later and said he’d gotten a new cover for it. So I just went over and they fixed it all up and didn’t charge me. I appreciated that. I’ve gone to them for years and trust them. So I was happy and satisfied. It made me wonder, are there many people who are happy and satisfied very often? Probably not. So as I sat there, waiting for my car, a customer walked by me . . . and farted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home