I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, July 31, 2009


What happened to our sorority meeting?

On our trip to visit Cindy in Tacoma, we were planning a sorority meeting of I ETA PI, the sorority we began in honor of the Betty Broderick story. Betty is up for parole in 2011, so we decided we should do something. We would like to have invited Meredith Baxter to the meeting since she played Betty in the TV movie, but since we don’t know her, we didn’t do it. But we had only one day there and not that much time. And Teri couldn’t find her shirt – she’s the Godfather so you think she would have it ready to slip into at any moment. But she didn’t. I wore my Housemother shirt and Cindy put her President shirt on for the picture, but no meeting was held. If you don’t know who Betty Broderick is, I’m sorry for you. I’ve written about her before, so if you haven’t kept up, too bad.

We visited Cindy’s friend, Sonja, who has a little shop selling lingerie, clothes, jewelry and much more. I love the shop! I have clothes that Cindy has bought for me from it. One time when Cindy was new to the area, she went in and tried on lingerie and walked around the shop like a model. She may have been wearing a tiara. Customers thought she was supposed to be doing that, but no, that’s just Cindy.

We had dinner at The Hub, a restaurant/bar owned by another friend, Carole. I had met Carole when Cindy bought her condo as Carole was the realtor, I think. She’s a kick and has been good for Cindy since Cindy was new to the area at that time. Now Cindy has Sonja and Carole to do girl stuff with. The dinner was great as were the drinks. One of the pictures is of Cindy and Carole at dinner at The Hub.

In the evening, we girls watched “Role Models” with Paul Rudd which was pretty funny! We were in Cindy’s condo with April, her mastiff, of course. April seemed to be farting a lot and the girls even accused me at one point! I would never admit it. Harry went with Nick, one of Cindy’s sons, to an outdoor band concert and beer garden. Harry was kicked out pretty soon, probably because he’s only 13 even though he looks about 20. But we all had a great time – Harry and his beer garden and we gals with the movie and our wine and beer. A good time was had by all.

Our time together was short, but it’s so infrequent that I get to spend time with my daughters and 3 grandsons all at once. Those are moments to be cherished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home