I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, November 14, 2008


Harry has a birthday – No. THIRTEEN!!

I can’t believe my youngest grandson is that old. It seems like only yesterday . . . that’s what people say when they don’t realize how fast time passes. I found this picture of Harry and Teri at the compound taken when Harry was very young. Mark, Teri and Harry were visiting from New York. I asked Teri if she remembered the picture, but she didn’t remember as much as I did. That was quite surprising to me as I’m obviously much older than she since she’s my daughter. Now, due to my age, I have an excuse not to remember things . . . almost everything. Anyway, as I remember it, Harry loved boots, and he found my Uggs and put one on. He didn’t want to take it off! On his right foot is a shoe that I think was one of mine that he also put on. He clomped around in his diaper and my Ugg for a long, long time. He was hilarious, and we all got such a kick out of it, but Harry was very serious about it. He didn’t think it was funny. He wanted to take the boots home with him on the plane. We found that out when it was time for him to go, and it was quite a struggle.

I can’t remember how it ended, but I don’t think it was pretty. They had to fly home to New York and they didn’t have room for my Uggs, and I wasn’t about to let them go anyway. I can’t remember how we got him out of the Ugg, but we managed somehow. Photos bring back many good memories of times past that you don’t think about until you see them. I have many albums full of pictures that make me laugh and also bring tears to my eyes. But this one is a funny one!

Happy Birthday, Harry - go put your boots on and celebrate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home