I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, October 02, 2008

VP debate

I just finished watching the Biden/Palin debate and didn’t want to watch all the pundits and news media people pick it apart. So I’ll have my say and then go have a glass of wine. I think Joe Biden kept his statements short and to the point, and did it in a way we could all understand. Sarah didn’t always answer the question or talk about the subject matter she was given. She would lapse into her nonsensical manner of speech with a grin and a wink and talk and talk and talk. By the time she would stop, I’d have to try and remember just what it was she was supposed to be addressing. She certainly has a gift of gab, but that’s not what the debate was about. She tries to be so “folksy” with her “down home” talk about Alaska and what the real world is like up there. No one really cares!!

I can’t stand the way she talks down to everyone when she says “work with ya,” instead of “work with you” as if that’s the way we all talk. The same goes for dropping the g in some of her words as in “hittin’ him.” Is that the way main street talks? And something that really pissed me off was when she kept saying “nucular.” Sarah, it’s NUCLEAR! But maybe the thought is if it’s good enough for George Bush, it’s good enough for Sarah. And just the thought of the leader of our country spending time talking about Joe 6 Pack and hockey moms makes me shudder. This country is not made up of all Joe 6 Pack and hockey mom people, and thank God for that. Possibly Sarah’s mind is still back with her people in Alaska where everyone thinks and speaks as she does. It’s almost as if she came from a foreign country.

I think Joe Biden was the winner in this debate. He stuck to the topics he was given and did it very eloquently. He also had to spend some of his time correcting things Sarah had just said about him or Obama which obviously weren’t correct. Sarah talked all around her topics and even around his. A couple of times I yelled at her to shut up! So now I’m going out to get my wine and find something on TV that isn’t political. I wonder if Seinfeld is on . . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home