I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

“BONES”

The two-hour Season Four premiere of BONES starts Wednesday, September 3 – 8:00-10:00 PM on FOX. I didn’t start watching BONES until the middle of the last season, and when I did, I was hooked! This show has Dr. Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel), a forensic anthropologist who works at the Jeffersonian Institute in Wash. DC, and Special Agent Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) FBI Homicide Investigation Unit. Brennan is the expert with bones - really old bones - and Agent Booth helps with the homicide part of it. They have a team that works with them, and they are all very good. I like the ongoing commentary between Brennan and Booth which is always humorous. There is so much forensic gobbledygook talk that goes on, and I’m sure the majority of the audience hasn’t the faintest idea what they’re talking about. But it doesn’t matter at all as they make things so funny, and that’s what makes it good.

In the pilot episode, Brennan and Booth travel to London on business at Oxford University and Scotland Yard. While they’re in London, a murder takes place there and they’re drawn in to help with the investigation. And things are happening back at the Jeffersonian with the rest of the team. They’re helping the ones in London in a long-distance sort of way, and also dealing with their own personal problems. There are many shots of scenery in London which make this episode even more interesting.

This is a very fun pilot episode, and I found myself being drawn into it more and more. I hope they keep on with the great writing. This should be another hit for BONES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home