I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, July 10, 2008


I’ve been going to Tom Dwyer Automotive Services for quite some time. They have seen me through several different cars, and I’ve been extremely satisfied with their service. I now have a Volvo which I affectionately call “The Tank” because it’s so heavy . . . even the doors are heavy and the trunk, well, the trunk is also very heavy. Everything about it is heavy, but I guess that works to my advantage because it makes me safe when someone decides to wipe me out. When I need repairs done, it takes a while because I think they probably have to phone, send a telegram or e-mail Sweden to send over the proper parts. They’re not cheap, but what can you do? I think I’m helping one of the employee’s kids through college; I’m not sure which one. But I do my share and expect good treatment which I always get. That is, until one day when something happened!

I was getting ready to pay my bill and I noticed a big ball in the corner – a ball made out of rubber bands. I got really excited and asked Clint, who was waiting on me, what it was about. He told me Ken Bartz, the manager, had started it out of rubber bands 7 years ago. Clint picked it up, brought it over to me and asked if I’d like it. I shouted “Yes, I would,” but it turned out he was just kidding. I was very disappointed. I told him I could have put it on my deck with my bowling ball (I don’t bowl). I got the bowling ball at a Goodwill store one day – I don’t know why, I just did. I tried arguing with him, and I think I embarrassed him because he had been kidding all along, not expecting a sane person would want a rubber band ball. But he just didn’t know me that well – I’m not that sane. So while I was whining and fussing about the ball, Ken came over and held the ball. And that’s when I took the above picture. As you can see, it’s about the same size as a bowling ball and would have looked great on my deck. But it was not to be. I may have threatened to stop bringing my Volvo to them, but if I did, it didn’t work because I came home without the rubber band ball. Now when I go there, I just look at it. I don’t think I could even sneak in and steal it as I couldn’t carry it – it’s pretty heavy, like my Tank. So I’ll just have to enjoy it when I’m there. And each time the Tank and I go there, the rubber band ball is a little bigger. Ken is very diligent and does a good job with the ball – also my car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home