I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, July 25, 2008

What’s new?

Not much, I guess. I did find a few articles that interested me. It appears that the police chief in Flint, Michigan, has invoked a crackdown on saggy pants. “Crackdown” is a most appropriate word for what he’s doing. However, the American Civil Liberties Union – that’s a group that’s always busy -- said he would have to halt stopping and searching individuals dressed in low-riding pants that expose their underwear and bottoms. But the mayor says he’s going to keep on doing what he’s doing. He said wearing pants below the waist is a crime and those that do can be subjected to body searches for other crimes such as drugs and guns. He says exposing your butt is a crime. I know I don’t like looking at some guy with his pants hanging half off his butt, but don’t the police in Flint have anything more important to focus on? There must not be any real crime in Flint.

I see where 9 people in Iran have been sentenced to death by stoning. They were convicted of adultery. Six of them had no witnesses or the presence of their lawyers during their confessions. Their verdicts have been approved, and they could be executed at any time. Adultery is the only capital crime punishable by stoning according to Iran’s Islamic laws. Where do these horrible ideas and laws originate . . . like the stoning and also the circumcision of young girls. Both of these are despicable acts and hard to imagine they even exist, but they do. The Koran does not approve of either act. So why are these splinter groups of Islam so powerful and get away with such heinous practices? We should be thankful that isn’t happening in our country . . . at least not to my knowledge. Can you imagine stoning people for committing adultery in the USA? No way!

Over the past year, five human feet have washed up on the shores of British Columbia – just plain, old feet and nothing else. Police had the feet under investigation since the inception of this case but had come up with nothing. But now they have identified, with the help of DNA, the person who belonged to one of the feet. They say it belonged to a depressed man who went missing a year ago! No wonder he was depressed – I know I would be if I lost my feet. They are still working on the remaining feet, and, I’m sure, hoping to not find anymore floating in the waters off the Canadian shore. What goes on up there anyway? First it was Robert Pickton and the pig farm murders and now this. We do have interesting neighbors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home