I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, December 29, 2006

A recent article in “The Oregonian” newspaper brought up the fact that male chimpanzees like older females as mates. They say this shows a big difference between chimps and people. I don’t believe that as in the last few years, I think we’ve been catching up to the chimps. Just look at what has been going on recently with people that we know and love such as Ashton and Demi, Harold and Maude, and Tim and Susan.

It goes on to say that men usually prefer young women as mates because of the fertility thing, but we all know that men will mate with anyone who’s handy. They may not marry all of them, but neither do the chimps. Studies done in Kibale National Park in Uganda showed the same results . . . male chimps preferred older females.

During my research of the subject, I found an article written by Valerie Gibson, a sex columnist. She says women who date men more than 8 years younger are called “Cougars,” a term that began in British Columbia. Those were the older women who would pick up anything left in a bar at the end of the night. But that has all changed. This is a trend that’s coming “off the screen and out of the bedroom.” Valerie is single but has been married 5 times, and the last one was 15 years younger than she, so I’m sure she knows what she’s talking about.

During my extensive research on Google for older women and younger men, my screen was suddenly covered by a pop-up that informed me I was now a member of the Cheating Wives Club here in my city, and there were even photos of many women along with their resumes. I was very surprised, to say the least, when that happened but didn’t take the time to pursue it. What’s going on inside my computer anyway? Every time I Google something, am I put on some kind of list for the government to see? And does the government think I’m looking for a younger man, or possibly a chimp, and what are they going to do about it? I checked with Tiffany and Amber who had this to say:

Tiffany: What do you think of older women going with younger men like the chimps do?
Amber: Do I have to?
Tiffany: No, I just want to know what you think.
Amber: I don’t want to think about it.
Tiffany: Why not?
Amber: BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO DATE A CHIMP, EVEN IF HE IS
YOUNGER!

As usual, Tiffany and Amber were no help at all, and I think this entire study was just another example of how closely related we are to chimps. They may even be a step ahead of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home