I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

RENO 911

The other day I was on my treadmill and looking for something to watch on TV while I worked out. I came up with “Reno 911” which is a hilarious show about a fictitious Reno sheriff’s department – at least I hope it’s fictitious -- and the time just whizzed by. My only complaint is that so much is bleeped out that it’s sometimes hard to keep up with the story . . . if there actually is one. It started with a motivational speaker doing his thing at the deputies’ morning meeting. He became extremely excited and tried to tell them how they should act, what they should do and on and on, but none of it made sense. When he finally left the room, the deputies were very puzzled by what had just happened. One of them said, “I have no fucking idea what to do!” Of course, that was bleeped out, but I could tell what he said.

Then they talked about how they could make extra money. The lieutenant, who always wears short shorts, told them they would be doing the community a service and making a little extra money if they would donate at the local sperm bank. He didn’t realize they all knew about it already. One said they always had orange juice, another said they were given pretty cups to “do it” in, another said they made $25 but another one said it was really $31. Apparently they all were making extra money already. I don’t know why the lieutenant wears short shorts all the time. There must be a reasonable explanation, but then again, maybe not.

A couple of the deputies talked to a guy they accused of doing income taxes without a CPA license. The guy thought CPA was something like CPR. So he told the deputies if they didn’t want him doing taxes anymore, he would go back to being a doctor. He used to take pap smears out of the back of his truck. He wasn’t a real doctor – he wasn’t a real anything.

Two of the deputies were getting ready to question a suspect. One deputy was white and the other was black. So the white deputy said, “Let’s go in there and do the good cop, black cop routine.” And the black deputy says, “It’s good cop, BAD cop, not black cop.” So they start arguing and eventually end up physically fighting while the suspect sneaks out of the interrogation room.

One of the deputies was standing in the hallway when a blond, floozy-haired hooker came in. She tells him how nice he was to her when he counseled her and helped her start a new life. She said all of her scabs had cleared up! The deputy is smiling and appreciating what she’s saying, when all of a sudden she grabs the coffee pot and throws the coffee in his face. She then grabs the phone and runs out.

There was much more, but my time on the treadmill was done. That show is one of the craziest I’ve seen. I’ve seen it before, but I’ve never done the treadmill while watching it. It made my workout time just fly by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home