I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013


Prom Night!

Harry and Reggie are going to her high school prom together in a few weeks! That's exciting! Harry is my grandson, Teri and Mark's son, and lives in Brooklyn, NY. Reggie is Rita's daughter who lives here near Portland. Rita is Teri's high school friend and is still her friend after many years. Not too many years . . .  but a few.  Harry and Reggie see each other when they visit each other's cities, but not too often. They fight with each other and do all sorts of things. They even make cookies at my house sometimes - I've posted pictures on my blogs of cookie-making times. I think it's great that this will happen, but I have never heard of a high school kid going that far for a prom. Is that what happens these days? Harry will fly out here and come to my house until he can be rescued by Reggie and go to her house for the fitting of the tux which they will be getting for him. I'd like to say this all brings back memories of my prom, but it doesn't! I didn't have a guy fly clear across the country just to take me to a dance. Of course, I didn't know anyone clear across the country.

I hear Reggie is worried her girlfriends will try to steal Harry away to dance with all the time. That's a given. I would like to have posted a picture of Harry and Reggie, but since the prom hasn't happened yet I was unable to do that. However, I did find an old photo of me and a date posing for pictures before our prom. I looked really pissed as my hair didn't turn out the way it looked in the magazine, "Gorgeous Prom Hair Styles." So all I can do is hope Harry and Reggie have a wonderful prom experience and take a better photo than I did. But for God's sake, Harry, don't do anything to embarrass your grandma! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home