I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, December 30, 2012


Christmas at the Compound 2012

This year our family was split up. Cindy, Mick and April spent Christmas at the compound with me. Teri, Mark and Harry went to Belize! I wonder who had more excitement! Teri and her family slept under, or in, or on top of a huge Mayan pyramid, and they even had to provide their own tents! Cindy and Mick got to sleep in my bed with clean sheets and not in a tent. April slept in the bed part of the time with them. April is a bullmastiff and quite large! That must have been almost as exciting for them as sleeping in a pyramid. I had spread a sheet over my bed (couch) because I knew April would try to get up which she did. So Christmas night she lay on it beside me on the couch and watched tv. She drooled all over the sheet so it was quite uncomfortable for a while. She finally went to bed with Mick and Cindy. I don't think she drooled on them.

I cooked a rib roast which probably wasn't even cooked in the center. We all love rare meat so I always laugh hysterically when I read recipes about keeping a close eye on the meat thermometer! Meat thermometer? Who has one of those? I don't know what Teri had to eat, but she did say the Mayans came in and woke them in the night for some kind of ceremony. I wonder if they joined a Mayan cult without realizing it! They'll know when they begin getting the Mayan newsletter every month with it's pleas for money! The world didn't end on the 2lst so they missed out on that.

Cindy and Mick left the next day and took the rest of the roast and my chocolate chip cookies. We had a great time here at the compound, and I think Teri's family had a wonderful time on their excursion. Harry told me they hiked a long time in a dark cave and  were tired. They do so many fun things! They took me once to Mexico and I saw a huge spider in front of my apartment there. That's enough excitement for me and it didn't even make me tired like their cave walk did them.

This picture is of Mick and Cindy. I think they're looking happy. April was somewhere, probably drooling. Cindy's two boys, Pat and Nick, couldn't be here. They actually aren't little boys anymore, they're men, but they'll always be boys to me. So, even though we weren't all together for the holiday, we managed to enjoy ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home