I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, December 09, 2012


Showtime's "Homeland" - It scared my hair white last Sunday!

I actually had my hair colored a few days later! I just started watching "Homeland" a few months ago after Teri told me how good it is. It has the most gripping storyline  I've seen on tv and the actors are superb. I didn't watch the first year so don't know all the characters that well and get things mixed up sometimes. But I do know that Clare Danes who plays Carrie Mathison, a CIA analyst, is bipolar and pops pills all the time to keep her from going manic which she does anyway. She was in the hospital before I started watching and is trying to stay out of it now. Damian Lewis who plays Nicholas Brody, was recently rescued from a camp in alQaeda land (Iraq) after 8 years of captivity and torture. His captor, Abu Nazir, saw his little son killed by a drone strike which affected Brody as he had grown very fond him. Nazir was in charge of Brody's torture, etc. but Brody built up a sort of Stockholm syndrome, or maybe an alQaeda syndrome, so now there is a question of whether or not Brody is a good guy now that he's home or was he "turned" in captivity.

Brody and Carrie fall in love even though she doesn't trust him and is tracking him for the CIA. The story continues on as all stories do with Brody trying to get back to the good times with his wife and kids and with Carrie in the picture. It's just like a normal american family, isn't it? The CIA uses Brody for publicity and the Vice President of the US wants him to run with him when he runs for president. Brody doesn't like the VP and neither do I as if that mattered. Nazir gets to the US - wasn't he on the no fly list? Anyway, he contacts Brody and wants him to kill the VP. All Brody has to do is get the secret numbers for the VP's pacemaker!! BOOM!! That was like a shot in the heart and scared the crap out of me! Nazir abducts Carrie and threatens to kill her if Brody doesn't get the numbers which are hidden in the VP's office. So Brody manages to get the numbers and texts them to Nazir who passes them on to a computer guy who uses them immediately. So the VP walks into the room with Brody and starts acting goofy. You can see his blood pressure going up on the screen and other signals he's in distress, and pretty soon he's not only in distress, he's dead as a doornail!

After I recovered from that episode and realized I was still alive, I eagerly awaited the next episode. This is quite a show!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home