I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, February 15, 2013


Got Lint?

Teri had a birthday recently, and I wanted to do something special. I knew Teri loved the lint that you take out of the dryer before you dry a load of wet clothes! I do too. I don't think there are too many people out there who feel the same. But I started collecting my lint two years ago. I never have much because I don't wash that much - not because I'm a dirty, smelly person but because I live alone, so not that much washing is required. But I kept putting it in a plastic zip bag and watched as it grew bigger. I finally decided there was enough to make a small pillow - not to sleep on but to put someplace or . . . I don't know what you'd do with it. 

I had some red material from an old tablecloth, so I cut it up in two circles and sewed them together except for a place where I could stuff the lint. I began stuffing, and my friend, Diane, brought me some she had saved for me. I used all of mine and needed some of hers, so I used it. Then I sewed up the hole by hand and pasted the letters on the pillow. I couldn't find a G for the Got part, so I used a C. Not good. I had to cut up a couple of letters to make the question mark. The whole process was exhausting as is everything, but I was finally through. But I noticed what looked like cat hairs pushing through the material. It was from where I had used Diane's lint! Turns out her lint had come from when she washed a blanket on which her cat always slept! So now I had a pillow with cat hairs! I mailed it to Teri, and she was very surprised! How could she not have been surprised, opening up a pillow with cat hairs sticking out of it! I think she likes it but I have no idea what she'll do with it. Maybe her cats will sleep on it - she has many cats! They can put their hairs on the outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home