I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, November 23, 2012


Shock and Awe! Shock mostly

I was reading my latest "Time" magazine the other day. I always start at the back - I don't know why I do that, it's just one of the things I do for which there is no intelligent reason. I read Joel Stein's column which is always funny. Joel writes crazy stuff, and I feel like sometimes he's a little full of himself. But when you think about it - he has a great job as a journalist, makes good money, knows all the right people, can find out things about which the common person just wonders, can get an interview with just about anyone he wants - so why wouldn't he be a little full of himself! I'd be a big full of myself if I were he.

But that's not the reason for this blog. As I was scanning through the magazine, I noticed there were many full-page ads I hadn't noticed before. Is that something new or am I just unaware of its existence before now. But one full-page really caught my attention. It was entitled "The American Legacy Book Tour with Newt and Callista Gingrich." It had a picture of Newt and Callista. Callista had the same white hair fixed in the way she always wears it. It looks like a helmet with not a hair out of place.  Does she look like that after she gets out of bed, after sex, after a windstorm, when she cleans house ( silly me - she doesn't have to do that), when she does pilates? I think I'm obsessed with her hair. I don't care at all about Newt as he's just a dick. Callista is a female version of a dick - would that be a dickette? - but what is it with her hair? The ad says she wrote a book, "Land of the Pilgrims' Pride" with a picture of a little elephant holding an American flag. How sweet. Newt also wrote a book, "Victory at Yorktown," which is a novel, it says. It would have to be a novel as he isn't that good at truth-telling. At the bottom it gives the address where you can get locations and dates for their appearances. I wonder if there was a run on the internet on Black Friday for the info. I wonder why they're doing that? He's had it . . . or does he think he may try again in 2016? 

So I went on with the rest of "Time" and enjoyed all of it. It's just hard to get the page full of Newt and Callista out of my mind. I really can't stand the sight of either one!


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home