I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving has come and gone. I went to Diane and Doyle's home for a delicious dinner. Diane had a table beautifully set with napkins with little sticky things stuck on them with nice sayings. I thought that was really something - I'll bet Martha Stewart doesn't do that with her napkins! We were told to get our salad first from the buffet table and then come back with our plates for the rest of the food. I thought that meant we had to go to the table and eat the salad quickly, and then take the plate back for the rest of the meal. But when I got to the table with my salad, I saw that there were dinner plates there. I'm so used to eating my dinner on one plate with a spoon! I must get out more.


Teri cooked a big dinner for about 100 people . . . no, not that many. It just sounded like a lot when she told me who all was there. She cooks wonderful things when she cooks which isn't that often as she works so late. So when she can, she really does it up nicely. She called me today and I heard a little kid or baby squeaking in the background. I was hoping she hadn't adopted a child without checking with me first. But she said she was walking on the street near her house and there was a baby somewhere nearby. I'll be seeing her and her family at Christmas when they come out here. Cindy and her family will be here also, so we'll have a real family Christmas.


Cindy cooked a turkey for Mick and Pat. Mick got the FROZEN turkey the day before Thanksgiving. So they put it in the bathtub in hot water to thaw out!! I was horrified but then wondered if that was a new way to defrost a turkey that I hadn't yet heard about. I haven't talked to her since then, so I don't know if they survived. I can just see someone coming in to take a bath and seeing a turkey in the tub! She said they had a good dinner with April drooling all the way through it. April is her bull mastiff who is big enough to be at the table.


I decided to do my part on Black Friday, so I set out to "shop local" as we are told to do. First I went to my local pet store for more bird seed. I entered and asked what they had for me for Black Friday. Nothing! So then I went to my local grocer and walked in and asked what they had for me for Black Friday. Nothing! So I paid for everything I got on that special day. That's the last time I'll be seen outside on anymore Black Fridays! What a hoax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home