I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, October 16, 2011


Summertime with Family and Friends


Teri, Mark and Harry came out for a few days this summer. It was wonderful to have them here, and I made the obligatory chicken divan and chocolate cookies and whipped cream. Also, I fixed spam for Harry to whom I introduced it years ago much to the delight of his parents.


One night we went to dinner in Oregon City with Rita and her family. The picture above shows us all looking quite good, I think. Reggie's eyes are not nearly as red as they look in the picture. Rita is an old friend of Teri's - I don't mean she's old - they just go back a long way. In the picture her son, Hayden, is on the left, Harry next to him with Teri behind him with a strangle hold on him, Rita in back and Steve (husband) next to her and then Mark. In front I am in the middle with Reggie with the red eyes beside me. Teri and Rita were buddies in high school and had many experiences together, some that took place in our house that I'm just finding out about now.


They all went up to Timberline Lodge for a couple of days. They had a good time but not as good as when I was there with Harry and his parents recently. I was babysitting Harry in a room next to Mark and Teri so that they could have some alone time. At bedtime, Harry needed some warm milk for his sippy cup, so he and I went down the hall to the bar in our bed clothes consisting of shorts and t-shirts. I sat at the bar while the bartender went into a back room to get some milk. Harry sat at a table - I wouldn't let him sit at the bar with me. That was a fun time, and I'm sure the other customers were having fun watching us! But now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think it was that recently. Harry is almost 16 years old and doesn't use a sippy cup anymore as far as I know. Time goes so fast, doesn't it?


Mark and Harry left here a couple of days before Teri, so she and I had time to ourselves which was fun. I love it when I can spend time alone with my daughters. We even went to a movie. We sat out on my deck at night and had some wine and talked mother and daughter stuff whatever that is. We were sitting among all the bird poop on the deck and on the ledges. I had cleaned it up before the family arrived, but it doesn't take long for birds to poop all over everything. Teri didn't seem to mind. I think she expects that sort of thing when she visits her mother. At least it wasn't my poop which may happen in the future!


All in all, I think everyone had a good time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home