I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, September 11, 2011

FOX - new show "New Girl" premiering 9/20 at 9:00-9:30 PM Tuesday


I've been reviewing Fox shows for several years, and I realize I'm not in the ideal demographic for doing this. But I really don't care as I just review the shows I like and don't say nasty things about the ones I don't. The people who make

the series I write about probably don't give a shit what I write as I'm over 40 and don't matter anyway. But I don't give a shit either, so here goes. I will say I don't like reality shows of any kind, especially Housewives from Hell or wherever or shows with little tiny girls being egged on by their crackpot mothers to dance and wiggle their way to victory. So . . .


I wrote about "Terra Nova" the other day and think it will be a big hit. I also liked it! Yesterday I watched the pilot episode of "New Girl" and also liked it.This is a half-hour show with a lot packed into the pilot episode. It stars Zooey Deschanel as Jess who is a young woman who just got dumped and finds three new roommates from an advertisement. They are three guys - one a sarcastic bartender, a jock with an anger management problem and a real "douchebag!" They sound crazy and are in some ways, but they take care of Jess and become a sort of family without sleeping together - sort of like most families. Jess is a sweet, cute, naive, awkward, funny and adorable girl. She sings all the time and needs lot of advice on meeting new men. Her roommates help her along and things get hilarious at times. Zooey wrote and performed the theme song. I think Zooey is great and from what I saw, this should be set for a good run. I hope you watch it - you may just fall in love with Zooey as Jess, thus making "New Girl" a big hit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home