I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011


Cindy's having an operation!


Next week Cindy will be having a back operation that will hopefully correct what's wrong and take away her horrible back pain. It's a serious operation, so she'll have to take it easy for a long time. I think she bent herself all out of shape over the years with her gymnastics. Those were the years gymnasts were so cute and popular on television, and every little girl wanted to be just like them. If we had only known then what the long-term consequences would be for those little bodies, things would have been a lot different. I wish I had been smarter and put a stop to it. But I wasn't and I didn't. It makes me so sad when something happens to my daughters. I guess I feel that nothing bad should happen to my girls, but every parent feels that way. That's just the way we are.


I called her a little while ago to give her more advice about the operation. I think she thinks I treat her like a child - well, she's right! When she answered the phone at her Brownie Morrison store, I heard her saying, "there's no toilet paper -- use the cocktail napkins." A friend was there and apparently using the rest room with no toilet paper. I wasn't surprised. I remember once when I visited her family, there was no toilet paper in the house! There were no paper napkins or kleenex either. I don't know what I did, but someone went to the store pretty quickly. So the next time I visited, I took my own toilet paper. I have two cupboards full of toilet paper and the girls make fun of me - they say I have OCD because of the toilet paper and also that I floss my teeth 3 times a day and use tiny little brushes between my teeth each time. I try not to pay any attention to them but it's not easy if they gang up on me.


I remember an operation I had where the last thing that happened before I slipped into dreamland was someone put a plastic bag over my head! I can still picture it. It must have been the anesthetist doing the weird little things they do. Before I drifted off I wondered if they were trying to do me in, but not to worry. I just went to sleep and pretty soon everything was over and I was still alive. I found out it wasn't a plastic bag - it was something to give me oxygen. They apparently knew what they were doing. So Cindy, don't worry about things like that - I'm the only one who does. Teri and I will be waiting to hear the good news when your operation is over, and we'll both be sending you our love. I'm putting your picture up - the one you like with the rose. That should help. And don't forget, we love you lots.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home