I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, July 03, 2011


Today Teri and Mark are having a wedding anniversary!


I didn't get them a card this year - actually, I get very few cards anymore as they cost too much. I quit doing Christmas cards years ago, but that had nothing to do with the cost. I had just had a hysterectomy and a divorce, so I wasn't in a "card sending" mood. After that I just figured I would keep on not sending cards and it's worked out quite well except for the fact that I don't receive Christmas cards anymore either.


Teri said she had made reservations for dinner on their anniversary at a place in Greenwich Village which sounded like fun. I remember when I was back in New York for their wedding, we watched the fireworks on the fourth of July from their deck on the top floor of their building. I felt like a celebrity! The fireworks were like nothing I had ever seen before. Their wedding was also like nothing I had ever seen before either. The windows of the building faced the Empire State Building which was red, white and blue for the holiday. Everything was wonderful and Teri was gorgeous. All the attendants were in black, and Cindy was matron of honor and also looked gorgeous. There was lots of food and drinks - real drinks. So different from my wedding in a church with cake and coffee afterwards.


Mark, Teri and Harry are coming out this summer for a visit. Then Mark will see how I'm doing on the new computer they gave me!! I was surprised and excited when it arrived as I didn't know they were doing it until they day before it arrived. It's an iMac and has a keyboard for little people. I mean really little people! It's tiny and hard for me to get used to it. I keep having to go back and correct things. But it's getting a little easier or maybe I'm getting smaller. It will be so good to see them. It's been a long time since I've seen Harry and Mark.


So Happy Anniversary kids - have a good one!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home