I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, September 09, 2011

TERRA NOVA - new Fox series beginning Monday, 9/26 at 8 - 10PM


I saw this show yesterday, and, much to my surprise, I liked it! This is a story about a family that escapes from the dying world of 2149 and travels back in time 85 million years to help start a new colony of 1,000 people in Terra Nova. Wow! The family consists of the dad, an ex cop (Jason O'Mara), his wife, a doctor ( Shelley Conn) with a little girl and two teen-age kids. The show is shot in the hinterlands of Australia because of the distance away from cities and the gorgeous scenery there. I, too, lived in the hinterlands during my youth, but not in Australia. There are beautiful exotic plants, water falls and dinosaurs that were designed by paleontologist Jack Horner who fashioned them to look like what those creatures actually looked like.


Terra Nova is led by Nathaniel Taylor (Stephen Lang) who is struggling with someone who left the tribe and wants to take over. Many events happened in this show, and I think it will hold your interest all the way through. Nathaniel makes Jim a cop and gives him a gun and badge. That made me feel better as I like cops in my shows.


When they left earth, they didn't take a plane or bus obviously - they went through a big blue round opening that just sucked them in! That is the same way they did it in Stargate SG-1 that Harry and I watched when he visited. We watched it over and over again! I'll bet this show will be on his list. Maybe that's the only way to leave earth and go back millions of years in time - nice to know.


I think this show will be a hit. There are so many possible stories to be had with each member of the family, and also the ongoing battle with outside forces trying to get back in. I liked the dinosaurs. I don't usually go for that sort of thing, but I think this show will be very interesting for all ages. I hope you all watch it - you won't be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home