I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, December 03, 2009


Exasperating days!

Yesterday afternoon I was on the phone with Bank of America for about 2 hours, trying to find a live person who would talk to me. I had to listen to many automated voices telling me to punch this and that, which I did over and over again, but I never got anyplace at all. Finally, one of the voices said there seemed to be a glitch in the system and they couldn’t help me. Maybe I could call back tomorrow? I was so pissed off by that time, I just gave it up. So this morning, bright and early, I started in again. You see, BofA has my mortgage. I used to be with Country Wide until they went down the toilet and BofA bought them out. But I want to talk to them about my payments and taxes and all those fun things that homeowners do. So this morning I started in again and got many automated voices, punched many numbers in until finally one of them said, “I don’t think we’ll be able to help you right now. Maybe you could call back later?” Those were all automated voices – no live person. By then I was so mad that I started calling their local banks here in town and got the same runaround from them. This all makes me wonder if possibly Bank of America has no employees at all – I know they had hard times, but do you suppose no one is actually there? I’ve had hard times, but I always answer my phone unless I’m not here and then the machine does. Does that tell you something? I always call back too. I finally gave up on BofA and went across the street to Wells Fargo where I do all my banking. I told her my dilemma and she laughed as she knew what I was talking about. I asked her to take over my mortgage, but that’s no simple process so we both agreed it was not the answer.

So then I headed out to Safeway for some shopping. When I parked, I must have hit some button or something because the alarm went off and the lights started flashing! I pushed the alarm button, but nothing happened. This went on and on so I dragged out my trusty owner’s manual and tried to find a solution. I had no luck, so I called Tom Dwyer, my mechanic’s company who takes care of me. I said it was Patsy with the Volvo, and I’ll bet he looked at the other guys there and rolled his eyes! He gave me a lot of suggestions that didn’t work, but finally came up with one that did. I got out of the car and shut the door – that was it. They have come to my aid so many times. They have real, live people there – not at all like Bank of America. I wonder how many businesses actually have no employees anymore. That could account for all the unemployment.

I don’t have a picture of me and my Volvo, so I used a picture of my dad and his . . . I don’t know what it was. But it was a car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home