I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, November 02, 2009


My Volvo has a sun roof??

When Teri gave me her Volvo, I found it much more confusing than my other cars had been. It had so many buttons to press for so many things. I was used to just starting a car and driving – that’s it. But this had buttons for opening windows, heat, AC, adjusting the antenna (it took me quite a while to find the button for that, and I couldn’t go through a car wash until I could learn how to lower it. They kicked me out when I couldn’t lower it.) There were buttons for everything imaginable. I studied my owner’s manual, but immediately forgot where everything was. So when I’d drive, I’d keep the owner’s manual handy in case of emergency.

I have never liked going through the car wash as I sometimes have trouble getting on the tracks. I always breathe a sigh of relief when they say I’ve made it. So today I decided to do it as my car was covered in pine needles since I park outside, and I’m going to my mechanic for the winter check-up, and I don’t want him to think I never wash it which I actually don’t. I got on the tracks just fine and I breathed a sigh of relief. I paid the money by opening my door as I didn’t want to use the button to lower the window as sometimes I open and shut all the car windows before I find the right one. So I paid, shut the door and the car started moving. But the attendant started waving his arms around and jumping up and down. He seemed to be shouting something about a window! I looked at the windows and they all looked shut, and I didn’t want to press any buttons as it was too late by then. So we started through. I began to feel a little rain coming in and I tried to see where it was coming from, but then it got so noisy I had to plug my ears. I hate car washes! I finally made it through and went to the grocery store where I examined the inside of the car. The back seat area had gotten most of the water, but it was actually all over. I looked up at the ceiling and there was the sun roof which I never notice. It was open a little bit! I don’t know how that happened as I don’t even know how to open it. So I got out my trusty owner’s manual and finally found where it showed which button to push to open and shut. I’ve never even seen that button – maybe I touched it by mistake sometime. I tried to wipe up the car and hope it doesn’t mildew or rust or whatever they do. I shut the window!

I took this picture of the sun roof from inside the car. The blue part is looking through the sun roof at the blue sky. You can see a tree hanging over the car and the condo across the parking area. I think the picture is spectacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home