I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009


Lottery Ticket Day

Yesterday I went to my hair guy, Steve, for my appointment. I do this every five weeks whether I need it or not. At this time, I always buy one lottery ticket. I never win, but I always hope. Yesterday I asked Steve to take a picture of me with what I hoped to be my winning ticket. Needless to say, I didn’t win, but I still went to bed trying to figure out how I’d spend the money. I’d give Teri and Cindy money but would have to be careful and give them the exact same amount. If I happened to give Teri a little more, Cindy would scream, “I knew you always loved her better!” and if I gave Cindy a tiny bit more, Teri would say, “I see you’re still taking care of baby first . . . blah, blah, blah, blah.” This would go on and on so I knew I’d have to be very careful with the dispersal. I tried to think of something I would want with my share, and the first thing I thought of was getting HBO so I could watch the new show “Hung.” It sounds funny and interesting. After that, I don’t know what I’d do . . . probably put the money in a coffee can like everyone else is doing these days.

Last night I had two couples over for hors d’oeuvres and wine on my deck. It was late afternoon, and the weather was perfect. They were hoping to see Larry, my sparrow, whom they did see through the window as they came into the house. But no birds came as we were sitting out there as we were too close to the feeding ledge. I had tried to clean up the deck and sweep all the seeds and bird poop away, but it just isn’t possible. The birds are out there all the time, and it’s not just Larry anymore. We still had a great time even though I dropped one of the hors d’oeuvres onto the deck floor as it slipped off my tray. We decided not to eat that one and considered putting it up on the ledge for Larry and his friends. But since it consisted of cheese, green onions and lots and lots of garlic salt, we decided against it. After a while, we all went out for dinner somewhere where there was no birdseed or poop around us. When I came home, the birds were back and I sat on my couch and watched them hopping around on the ledge and my deck. Guess I’m stuck with them.

I watch a lot of television – no surprise – and tune out the commercials. Some are really bad and others are sort of innocuous to which I pay no attention. But once in a while one comes along that actually makes me laugh out loud. The one doing it now is the one about Toby, the dog, sliding his butt across the carpet, and his mother (owner) screaming “TOBY!!” I don’t know what the product being advertised is, but the ad is great. But there is one ad that is absolutely disgusting to me. It’s from Kaiser Permanente and it shows several fat old ladies dancing around, boobs bouncing and a woman singing, “When I grow up I want to be an old woman.” I don’t see how that ever got aired. How could Kaiser put something that tasteless on the air? I guess because it’s Kaiser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home