I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Very interesting

I just read Liz Smith, Page 6 of the New York Post, where she’s giving Timothy Gray’s views for a much better Oscar celebration. Gray wrote about it in Variety. I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Gray. The Oscars are about an hour too long, and when it’s all over, I sometimes feel like I’ve aged a few years! I think half of the awards could be given off-camera and shown another day for viewing. I know I don’t want to see 8 or 10 people rushing the stage to receive Oscars for lighting, costume design, cinematography and so on. All I want to see are the actors. As far as awards for nominated songs, don’t play them. Maybe play a few bars of each one. We all know the songs, and some aren’t that good and actually are pretty boring. And how about a separate ceremony for foreign films? Forget the production numbers – they merely waste time and have nothing to do with the awards. Just get a good host – or maybe several – who will make things move quickly and not take up time. And make and enforce a law that states the winners have only so much time to speak – don’t let them thank everyone from their agents to their shrinks. NOBODY CARES!!! The only reason I watch award shows is to see who wins. I don’t care about all the other stuff they put in. I don’t think I’m alone in my view. And let’s get it done before this year’s ceremony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home