I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, January 23, 2009

My reviews of this week’s Fox shows – the ones I especially like

Tuesday night I watched a new episode of “Fringe.” I’ve written about this show before, so I won’t go into a lot. I never thought I’d be watching something like this – it freaks me out sometimes as Olivia (Anna Torv) gets into so many creepy situations. She’s an FBI agent and is always being captured by someone who then hooks her up to all sorts of weird instruments for god knows why! It gets very creepy, but I like it. Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble) is a genius physician who had been in the loony bin for many years until he was released to his son Peter (Joshua Jackson). These three characters try to solve the many weird crimes that go on during that hour. Sometimes it takes several episodes . . . actually I don’t think they’ve ever completely solved all the creepiness that takes place. But it’s interesting and keeps me watching.

Wednesday night I watched “Lie To Me,” a new show. I loved it! I watched it twice – I put it on my DVR and watched it again this morning. Tim Roth is very cute and sexy in this, but I guess that’s not the main reason I liked it – although it helped. Tim plays Dr. Cal Lightman who runs the Lightman Group that is contracted out among federal law enforcement and local police to solve crimes. He studies facial expressions and involuntary body language which shows if someone is lying and why. Kelli Williams plays Dr. Gillian Foster who is a happy, normal person, unlike Dr. Lightman who never seems too happy about anything, but very serious. I believe he’s divorced which doesn’t call for much happiness, and Gillian’s husband lies to her although she seems unaware of it. Dr. Lightman knows her husband is lying, but he knows everyone lies all the time anyway. There are a couple other characters that are also very good. The show moves along briskly so something is happening all the time. The writing, I think, is excellent. There’s quite a bit of humor interjected all through it which makes it fun to watch. I think humor in writing can make or break a show, and this one does it for me. I’ll be watching!

I watched a new “Bones” episode last night and liked it just as much as when the series began. Bones and Booth make a great couple of investigators and are very funny at times. There’s a lot of sexual tension in their interaction, but I don’t know if Bones (Emily Deschanel) is that aware of it. Or does she even know what it is? I love the show and hope it keeps on like it has been so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home