I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I’ve been snowed in for over a week and I may be getting a little weird. I look out at the almost 2 feet of snow with ice on top and can’t even remember what it was like when we had sun and I was warm. I’m using my Amish heater I bought last year which is really good. I’ll bet those Amish people have been busy this year churning out some more. I wonder if they take them to a distributor in their buggies. They must have to make a lot of trips. I don’t even care if I ever get the mail again. Am I beginning to enjoy all this isolation? My neighbor lady across the street was almost out of toilet paper yesterday, so she made it over here where I helped her out. That’s one thing I usually have plenty of. My daughters make fun of me, but I may need it all if I never dig out of here.

Sunday was not a good day for me. I never got a Sunday paper which really pissed me off. I thought the paper always went through . . . or maybe that’s the mail. I didn’t get any mail yesterday either. So Sunday I was feeling lonely and sorry for myself and found a movie on television that I had seen before but liked. So I watched it. It was “One Fine Day” with George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer. What I liked about it was the music. I loved all the songs in it, especially “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” by Van Morrison, and “For the First Time” by Kenny Loggins. I cried a little as I listened, mostly with “For the First Time.” So when it was over I came to my computer and googled the movie and the music. I clicked on “For the First Time” and it played the whole song. I sat here and cried all the way through. I felt much better after that, so went out and watched old episodes of “Law&Order.”

My family had planned to all get together today at a hotel here in town, but Teri’s flight from NY was canceled. Now she’s coming on Friday, so we’ll stay with her family for a few days at the hotel. I’m excited! Cindy and her family will be coming down from Tacoma. When I talked to Cindy before we knew Teri’s flight was canceled, she said the kennel up there was closed and she’d have to bring Charley, her huge Ridgeback dog, with her! I told her she couldn’t bring him into the hotel, but she said she’d manage! I can just see Cindy leading Charley into a very nice hotel and having the whole bunch of us kicked out! I told Teri what Cindy said, and Teri totally freaked out. She said she didn’t want to hear about it and couldn’t even talk about it. So when the date was changed, I talked to Cindy and she said her neighbor was going to take care of Charley since she wasn’t allowed to bring him. So I talked to Teri and she still didn’t want to talk about it. I was yelling, “But she’s your sister!” But the matter was closed. Sisters are funny sometimes.

I just opened my e-mail and there was one from Pedi Paws – the Incredible Pet Nail Trimmer. I don’t know them . . . how could they know me? I don’t have pets and where did they get my e-mail address? Am I going crazy in here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home