I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy day on the phone

This past week, I hurt my left heel in some way, so I spent several days lying down and watching TV which was no hardship for me, or just sitting down and watching TV – again, no hardship. I decided to do something productive which didn’t require walking, so I called my mortgage company to see if my payment amount would be going up as it seems to do every year. I called the Customer Service number and got the automation department where no live person exists. I sat through numerous questions which I answered with a click of one of the numbers on my phone, and then I was given a list of choices from which to pick. These are a few of them:

1. Do you want to make a payment?
2. Do you want to re-finance?
3. Do you want a loan?
4. Do you like missionary or doggie-style sex? (That's obviously from another survey.)
5. Are you happy with the service your mortgage company gives you?
6. How happy are you?
7. What do you think of Sub Prime loans?
8. Would you like to have a Sub Prime loan?
9. Why not?
10. Did you know Craig Ferguson got married and would you like to talk about it?

None of the choices given would have answered my question, so I gave up on Customer Service. I was so pissed that I decided to call the number for people who wanted a loan. I knew they’d have some live people there. So I did and I got a nice gentleman on the first try. I told him I didn’t want a loan – I just wanted an answer, but all I got was shit from the Customer Service automation department. He laughed and transferred me to a live person – a woman who sounded like she was about 14 years old. It took a while for her to come up with the answer to my one question – she kept going off someplace for help. All I wanted was to know if my payment was going to go up, and she finally was able to say that it wasn’t. But I’ll believe it when I actually get the payment notice.

By then, I was all revved up so I called my electric company who is beginning to install “smart” electric meters throughout the city to all its customers. From what I’ve read, it has doubled the rates in at least one house which doesn’t sound too smart to me. Also, the article in the paper stated, “The utility predicts it will eventually be able to remotely control customer appliances . . .” I don’t like the sound of that at all. And some old houses may have to replace the base that attaches the meter because it’s too old. That will cost $750 and the electric company won’t pay it; the customer will. Too bad! So when I called the electric company, they explained everything to me which added up to higher electric bills. I decided this was something to make their lives easier, but not the customers’. But they have never given us a break. Remember Enron? So I hung up and had a glass of wine. I deserved it after the hard day I had put in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home