I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, February 09, 2009

Another uneventful Saturday

My Saturday started out as usual, opening the blinds, watching Larry (my sparrow) hopping around my deck and pecking at all the birdseed I put out for him. I can lie on my couch (bed) and watch everything. Some days I think maybe I’ll just lie there all day and watch, but I don’t. But why don’t I? So I finally got up, ate breakfast and went into my bedroom (I do have one where there’s an actual bed) and lay down on my bed to floss my teeth – something I do 3 times a day, that is if I eat 3 times a day. I turned on the TV and, much to my surprise, there was on old, old episode of Law&Order. So I was flossing and watching TV when my phone rang. It was Jane from across the street who has a good view of my back deck. She told me the squirrel was back on my ledge! I’ve had a squirrel come a couple of times and sit on my ledge and won’t move until I throw the door open and start yelling and running at him. That is very upsetting to me as I fixed the deck for Larry and not some squirrel. I don’t like squirrels anymore. They’re very brazen around here, and follow you when you’re taking a walk. A couple of years ago when I was feeling nice, I took out some walnuts and fed one right out of my hand until he bit my finger and I had to shake him off! That called for a tetanus shot for me – I don’t know about the squirrel. So I had been thinking of ways to scare the squirrel away and thought about an air horn. I called several hardware stores and no one had any. So I called WalMart. I don’t like to do that as I’m not that crazy about their business policies. What’s the deal with no unions? Who do they think they are anyway? But I needed help. I talked to a woman who said they had two kinds – one for a bicycle that was pretty loud and one that was sort of like a bugle. I don’t think I need a bugle, but I’ll take a look.

I finally got dressed and headed off to Safeway for some shopping time. This time when I did the thing with my debit card, it came up funny and I guess I hit the place for food stamp people. So when the checker was done she asked me if I was on food stamps. I said I wasn’t, but they would sure help. So I had to do the transaction over again. When I got home I was looking at my receipt and couldn’t figure out all the totals they had on it. I finally called the store and they told me the total with FS by it was for food stamps but they had corrected it. It was quite a bit less than my actual total. Who knows? The way things are going I may be doing the FS bit one of these days.

After I came home I went for a walk and picked up a weekly newspaper we have published here. I read through it and noticed all the ads on the back page. Here are just a few:

Trouble Getting Pregnant? We can help.
Weekly Group on Depression and Self Esteem
Mens Addiction Treatment
Mama’s Medical Marijuana Clinic
Ferret Adoptions
Fight like a Girl
Absolutely Amazing Huge Cash Paid Daily!

I liked the last ad. I would love to be paid absolutely amazing huge cash every day, but I decided not to pursue that one. I even decided against the ferret. So that was pretty much the extent of my Saturday. Exciting, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home