I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, September 05, 2008

Thank God, it’s over!

I tried to watch the entire McCain speech last night, but found myself wanting to do something else like watch “Seinfeld.” But I stuck with it and drifted away just a few times because he was so boring and grinning in such a totally weird way the entire time. First I had to sit through Cindy McCain’s bio which made her out to be the second coming of Mother Theresa which we know is a laugh. And then her speech about what a good father McCain is as if that’s the most important part of being a good president. She was boring. Then it went on to the bio of McCain and his long, boring speech. I am so sick of hearing about his hero grandfather, hero father and his being a POW and coming out a hero. We have heard those stories so many times and I’m sure there are many people who are as sick of hearing about them as I am.

The only real applause McCain got was when he mentioned Sarah. She stood up, pushed out her lower lip and gave the thumbs up sign. What’s that about? Will she be doing that all the time? And sometimes adding a wink? She seems to give the thumbs up to everything and everybody. And another thing that bugs me - actually it pisses me off - is how everyone keeps mentioning her remark about lipstick and pit bulls and so on. That phrase is so last year . . . no, it’s so last decade! She didn’t originate it, but she seems to have claimed it. She doesn’t mention anything about how to fix the economy. According to her, the answer to everything is “drill, drill, drill.” But I do love the picture of her in her two-piece bathing suit holding a gun. But I’m wondering how that will play with her sexy, little, librarian image that is going around.

I talked to my daughter, Cindy, a couple of times last night. She told me she had been to a convention for her work months ago and it was held at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota, where McCain spoke last night. Cindy said when she was there, the center was packed with no vacant seats. She said last night she could see plenty of vacant seats and figured they didn’t pay enough seat-fillers to attend. I loved that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home