I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, September 18, 2008


Pat has a birthday!

My grandson, Pat, Cindy’s oldest son, is now 24. I can’t believe it. I can’t believe that Cindy is old enough to have a kid that age and I am old enough to have a kid her age! Where did the time go? Pat’s in college, and I never see him, but I keep up with what’s going on through Cindy.

I was looking for pictures to put on the blog – I’ve put some on before of Pat – but I came across this one when he was a baby and much younger. I was also much younger, but both of us look so happy that I used it. When Pat was little and his family visited, I would rock him and sing the songs I sang to Teri and Cindy – “Bye Bye Blackbird,” You Are My Sunshine” and many others. Pat liked to rock with me and I loved it. Not all babies like to rock, but Pat sure did. Of course, that didn’t last too long as he grew up as they all do.

When Pat and his brother, Nick, who is three years younger, were young kids, I would go up to Washington where they lived and baby sit sometimes when their parents were out of town. As they grew older, it became a little more difficult as I seemed to have no control. I would lock the doors at night, and sometimes Pat would sneak in a window I had forgotten to check. He always seemed to be one step ahead of me. I did my best, and we all came out alive. At one Christmas get-together at Cindy’s condo, Pat drove me back to my Bed and Breakfast where I was staying as Cindy’s place was full up. It was only several blocks, but we got lost and drove around for a while, trying to find it. I had so much fun with him that night. We had a chance to be together, just the two of us, and it was a very good time for me.

So Pat, I hope your birthday was a good one, and if I can ever get your address at college, I’ll send you a card with something in it. I don’t know just what that will be, but I’ll think of something. I love you a lot and miss not being able to see you very often.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home