I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, April 18, 2008


Cindy and I will soon be flying to Manhattan to stay with Teri, Mark and Harry for a few days. We haven’t seen their new apartment yet, so it will be an experience for all concerned. I’m taking a red-eye flight which will be a first for me. I’m hoping, with the help of drugs, I’ll be able to sleep during the flight. The apartment sounds very nice – two bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs. This is all on the 39th floor of a condo building which scares me as I don’t like being off the ground that far. But Teri said the windows don’t open, so I won’t need to worry about throwing myself out of one.

Teri and Mark moved from a big house in Los Angeles to Manhattan and are now in this apartment. And they have four cats and one dog . . . in an apartment! I can’t imagine what that’s like, but I guess I’ll be finding out soon. Teri had two friends spend a weekend with them recently, and they slept in the downstairs bedroom where Cindy and I’ll be sleeping. These friends don’t like cats which became a real problem at night. They shut the bedroom door, and the cats hurled themselves against the door - all four of them! The friends finally gave in and opened the door and the cats ran in and jumped all over them. So while Teri’s telling me this, and we’re both laughing, I’m also thinking about what’s going to happen when Cindy and I are sleeping in that room. I don’t want the cats on my bed, jumping around all night, and I don’t want them trying to beat the door down! Cindy said she can sleep through anything as Charlie, her huge dog, sometimes sleeps on her bed. But I’m not used to animals sleeping with me or on me. I love all of Teri’s pets and have spent time with them, so I’m used to what they do. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens when Cindy and I arrive. Maybe there will be some intense bonding, and we’ll find we can all sleep in the same bed and actually sleep . . . or maybe I’ll drug them all.

I’m so excited about my trip. I’m already setting aside clothes that I want to take with me to make sure I don’t wear them before I go. I have little tiny toothpaste tubes and hand lotion in my overnight case with similar objects. I’m getting everything ready as if I were leaving tomorrow. Do I sound obsessed? I think so. I haven’t seen Teri and her family or Cindy for a long time, so this will be a special time for us. I think we’re going to have an I Eta Pi sorority meeting while we’re all together. I wish we could get Meredith Baxter to attend since the sorority is based on Betty Broderick and Meredith knows all about her. Our president, Cindy, may have new recruits to tell us about, and since Teri is the godfather, maybe she’s scared up some recruits in Manhattan. Hopefully, we can take care of business in a short time.

The picture is of Teri with a few of her pets in their house in Los Angeles about three years ago. Two of the cats are missing from the picture, but they’re around. They’re always around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home