I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Problems at the car wash

The other day I decided I couldn’t put off having my tank – that’s what I call my Volvo – washed. It hasn’t been washed since Teri shipped it to me from Los Angeles with the “check engine” light burning brightly. So I decided to go to my car wash, but I checked the owner’s manual first to see how I could get the antenna down before I left. I would have called Teri to see how she managed the antenna, but she’s in London right now on business and won’t be home for a week. I figured the antenna would have to be down before they would take me, but the button wouldn’t work and it just stayed upright. But I thought I’d give it a try anyway. I always have trouble getting on the tracks at the car wash. My hands get all sweaty and I become extremely nervous while I try to maneuver onto the tracks. I thought it would be really hard with the tank as it’s bigger than my little tin can – my Toyota Echo – that I had before the tank, but I managed to get on with the first try. I was so excited that I thrust my money out the window with a big smile on my face. The guy just looked at me and then told me I couldn’t go through with the antenna sticking up. So I had to back off the tracks which was not easy for me. By then I was really pissed, so I came home and washed the car myself. It wasn’t warm outside – this is still winter, you know – but I did it. I missed a few places, but it looks a lot better. The next time I see my mechanic for a “check engine” fix, I’ll have him either fix the antenna or break it off . . . whichever is cheaper, and we know which one that will be.

So when I was through with the washing, I came in to warm up. Cindy called about then and she had me laughing right away. She’s so funny and can always make me feel good. She should be on the radio making other people laugh or at least doing something other than what she’s doing. I told her Teri was in London for a week, and she said, “Teri’s in London and I’m selling fucking fences!” That’s my girl! Cindy is a sales rep for a fencing company which never sends her to London. She’d like to be doing something more like what Teri is doing, but we are never quite sure just what it is that Teri does. I guess that’s because it’s so much more complicated than what I ever did, although what Cindy does is not easy . . . boring maybe, but not easy. We talked about our trip to Manhattan this summer to visit Teri and have another Betty Broderick sorority meeting. Cindy’s the president, but I don’t know if she’s done much recruiting lately as she’s been too busy with the fences. Teri is the godfather so maybe she’s been creating havoc in Manhattan. I’m the housemother and I don’t even keep house here very well. We’ll just have to see if we become energized again at our next meeting. I’m sure we will as there are no limits as to what my daughters can do when they set their minds to it.

Before we hung up, we discussed the lottery. Why is it that when some old guy wins a gazillion dollars, the best he can do is say he’s going to buy a new four-wheel drive truck first thing in the morning! I’m sure when Teri, Cindy and I win the lottery, things will be a little different. No four-wheel drive trucks for us!

And then we hung up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home