I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, February 24, 2008

CANTERBURY’S LAW

I just watched the pilot episode of this new Fox show which will be starting March 10. When I read that one of the creators was Denis Leary, I could hardly wait to see it. Denis does “Rescue Me” which is my all-time favorite, and I wasn’t disappointed with this one. It’s about a woman, Elizabeth Canterbury, a defense attorney – played by Julianna Margulies - who crosses the line frequently while trying to save her clients. She is a very strong woman, but flawed emotionally by the unsolved disappearance of her son, and she and her husband are attempting to get their marriage back on track after that shocking incident. Elizabeth is having an affair while all this is going on in the hopes it will bring some feeling and life back into her existence. When I read that in the promotional material I said, “Right on!” It’s about time there’s a serious show where the woman is playing around – it’s usually the man who is portrayed as the philanderer.

I’ve always liked Julianna Margulies. I remember her from the old “ER” series and was always hoping she and George Clooney would ride off into the sunset together. I’ve seen her in many things since and always liked her acting. This episode moved along quickly and accomplished a lot in just an hour. I like the fact that this is a very fast-moving show which should be good for people with short attention spans. It gives you no time to think about what to wear tomorrow or what your creepy neighbor might be plotting. In other words, your mind won’t be wandering in this series. In the pilot episode, you learn a little bit about a lot of the people we’ll be seeing in the coming episodes. This is my kind of show, and I know I won’t be missing any of them. This one came to an end in a courtroom scene with a . . . . . . POW!! I loved it! I thought it was a very cool ending . . . not the usual kind. I can hardly wait until the season starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home