I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fun time at the liquor store

I hadn't been out of the mother ship (my retirement home) for a while, so decided to take the car for a spin to the liquor store. Why the liquor store? I don't know why. I do know where it is which was a plus. It's a small store which I like with drive-in parking right in front. What more could I ask for? No crowds and no crowded aisles which would be good for me to navigate with a cane. And also there would be no cars parking in front for hours as they do when shopping for shoes, underwear, lipstick, etc. at other stores - no one stays too long in a liquor store unless they're robbing it.

So I parked, grabbed my cane and stepped up on the curb without falling on my face. But as I staggered to the door, I heard a voice asking if she could help me. A woman came up and I felt like hugging her! We made it into the store and it turned out she worked there. She asked what I wanted and I said vodka. She asked what kind and started at the bottom of the vodka aisle until she said Hood River vodka which I took. I figured since I'm from Hood River and my dad raised apple and pears I was being patriotic in a way by supporting my roots. And I also bought a bottle of brandy. Mark, Teri's husband, gave me some when I was visiting them and it was late and I was ready for bed. After I drank the brandy I went to sleep immediately!
I guess that's what it's good for because I don't know why you'd drink if otherwise. It really tastes like shit!

So now I had my two bottles of booze but I knew I couldn't manage getting them to the car as they were too heavy. So I asked if someone could help me and a big guy who worked there carried them out for me. I told him I wasn't drunk even though I looked like it. He just smiled at me. I didn't think I should take up his time by telling him I had Ataxia which makes you walk like a drunken sailor. 

That was the day out for me which I spent in a liquor store. Not bad! I may just do the same thing on my next day out. I got a good vibe from that store and the people were very accommodating. How better to spend a lazy afternoon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home