I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, February 14, 2011


How our family spent Super Bowl weekend

As you can see from the above picture, Teri, Mark and Harry spent the weekend at the Super Bowl! They had good seats and loved every minute of it. When I first looked at the picture, I figured Harry and Mark were standing on boxes because Teri looks so tiny. But no, it’s just that Harry and Mark are each about 10 feet tall . . . or it just looks that way. That was probably a once in a lifetime trip, so I’m glad everything went smoothly for them. At least they didn’t have any ice drop on them from the roof of Jerry’s palace or whatever it’s called.

I was home alone that weekend and my phone rang and it was Cindy. She said two words, “Betty Broderick!” I knew what that meant. The movie of Betty killing her husband, Dan Broderick, a prominent San Diego attorney and his new wife, 20 years ago was playing on Lifetime movie network, and we had to watch. She watches it whenever it’s on and also has a DVD that she played in her “Brownie Morrison” store for people who came in. She is obsessed with it and she, Teri and I even formed a sorority, “I ETA PI,” for it. I’ve written about that in other blogs so won’t go into it now. Cindy is the president of the club, Teri the godfather and I’m the house mother – all very good choices. Betty was one of the most evil bitches ever portrayed on screen. Meredith Baxter played her in the television movie and was excellent. I could watch it again and again . . . although not as often as Cindy. Betty was up for parole in 2010 but didn’t make it. She didn’t show remorse for the two killings and blamed it on her husband, so she had another 15 years added on to her sentence. Let’s hope she never makes it out.

So that’s what my family did on that weekend. I wonder which one of us had the most fun. That’s a tough one, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home