I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, February 04, 2011


Television commercials – why do they never end?

I’ve always loved television. As soon as it was developed, I was there. As you can see from the picture above, my mom had just said, “Patsy, it’s time for your TV fix!” So I suppose my playpen was pushed out into the room where I could watch the TV. Actually, that never happened as there was no TV then, but I was imagining it in my head, and that’s why I was smiling. I knew it was coming!

But last night, many years later, I got to wondering why they are inserting more commercials into every program I watch . . . and I watch a lot. It used to be that you had time to go pee during the commercials. But now you have time to go pee and poop during one break! Sometimes when I’m just sitting there during the commercial, I actually forget just what it was I was watching and don’t find out until the program starts again. Some shows spend more time on commercials than the actual show. I do like some of the commercials, but not that many. I love the E-Trade ones with the little baby. That could be a show itself – I’d watch that one all the time. Since that’s a commercial, for the break they could just announce, “Use this time to go pee and poop and then we’ll be right back.” I could live with that, but I don’t suppose it will ever happen. I’ve timed the amount of time that’s spent on some shows for commercials, and it’s not at all good . . . almost more than the actual show.

Will someone please fix this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home